In case you don't think you are fearfully and wonderfully made ...
Here are some fun and interesting facts from the Science Facts website:
1. The human heart beats 100,000 times a day.
2. It takes about 60 seconds for a human blood cell to make a complete circuit of the body.
3. Each second 10 million cells die and are replaced in your body.
4. The average person will shed 40 pounds of skin in his/her lifetime.
5. 70% of the composition of dust in your home is made up of shed human skin and hair.
6. On average, humans lose 40-100 strands of hair per day.
7. The lightest baby to survive weighed a mere 283 grams. (10 ounces)
8. The human brain is only 2% of the body’s weight yet uses 20% of the body’s energy.
9. The human brain is composed of 75% water.
10. The average person will drink about 16,000 gallons of water in his/her lifetime.
11. A sneeze can exceed the speed of 100mph and a cough 60mph.
12. More germs are transferred while shaking hands than kissing.
13. It takes 17 muscles to smile while taking 43 muscles to frown.
14. It takes the interaction of 72 different muscles to produce human speech.
15. Your right lung takes in more air than your left one does.
16. Your liver performs over 500 functions in your body.
17. If stomachs did not have a lining of mucus, your stomach would digest itself.
18. One out of every hundred American citizens is color blind.
19. The tooth is the only part of the human body that can’t repair itself.
20. The average person flexes the joints in his/her fingers 24 million times during a lifetime.
Take good care of you - all of you - because there's only one you. Clean air, filtered water, organic foods, nutritional supplements. Your parts are not easy to replace!
You are viewing the text version of this site.
Need help? check the requirements page.
You need Flash to use this feature